Monday, April 18, 2011

Letters about Lessons by Patsy


Today I sat down and wrote a letter to my oldest son.  I told him:  "Distance yourself from the shoulda, coulda, woulda's and look at what the lesson is." 
Hmmm.  How many of us have ever been able to take a step back and look at the lessons of our day?  Not many, I'm guessing.  But I think that many of us might want to take that step back and take a look at what we just finished with and how it affected us and our lives.  Some things will be delicious and juicy and easy to learn, while others are a bitter brew that we concocted for ourselves.  Things are not always easy to let go of and step back from either.  I'm getting better at it, but only because I keep telling myself to breathe - let it go and breathe!  I tell a lot of other people that too!  Not sure that they always appreciate it, as they are usually in the throes of drama, but I still mouth the words at them...

So, word for the day?  Let go of the conga line of shoulda-coulda-woulda, and breathe! 
Now lets see me take my own advice! 


The light of our day is softly dimming,
The lessons have been taught.
Shake them out and examine the patterns!
Oh lovely, lovely patterns....
Bittersweet.


Living in Love and Light, with all of you! 
Patsy

No comments:

Post a Comment