Friday, December 3, 2010

Have you ever had one of THOSE days?

Well, maybe not one of THOSE days! But one of those days, of the kind where you feel completely connected and in love with the world.

I must say that today didn't start out quite that way but there was a difference this morning. In doing some clearing and cleansing this morning while getting ready, I also decided to state an intention, and doing so, made all the difference in the world. The energy so far in December has been said to be expansive and loving. I, on the other hand, have had a headache for 3 days! So today being the third day, I decided to approach it a little differently. Instead of just struggling (or suffering, if you will) with an ache at the back of the head and behind the eyes, I stated my intent out loud to allow and joyfully recieve. RECIEVE being the operative word! My hope was to rid myself of an annoying headache. What I got was much more.

Today was a Christmas shopping day for me at the local toy store and such. I usually enjoy doing this but sometimes allow myself to become exasperated and tired. I have to say that it's almost 7 pm for me now, and I feel as good now as I did this morning! All day I had this intense feeling of enough, enough time, enough love, enough of anything I need. It was extremely nice and relaxing. Talk about going with the flow!

This feeling is a rare one for me. I can't say I've ever felt quite this connection with others or with myself, for that matter. I always do make an extra effort during the holiday season to smile and be polite and more open with others. The statement of joyful acceptance that I made this morning however, opened me up to much more than I was expecting and made my day. In hindsight, I think I may have just learned a very valuable lesson. Maybe even more than one! So, I guess my point is...look at your day with intent and joyfullness, you'll never know what's going to happen, and you may just be lovingly surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment